If headaches make an appearance too often or stick around too long, Dr. Maxine Helman in Scarsdale, NY, provides natural and customized treatment plans to help you achieve relief.
Headache Relief Through Chiropractic Care
Did you know that your chronic headaches might have nothing to do with your head? It’s very true. A headache can be caused by a misalignment, herniated disc, or compressed nerve in the neck. Shoulder and upper back tension are also often to blame. In all of these cases, chiropractic care can provide relief without the use of medication or invasive techniques. Learn more about how in the guide from Dr. Helman in Scarsdale, NY, below.
Where Do Headaches Come From?
Like any other type of pain, a headache is a signal that something isn’t right. As stated above, this could be anything from a herniated disc to muscle tension. Such issues are typically due to things such as:
- Injuries from auto, sports, or work-related accidents
- Poor posture
- Sitting for long periods, especially when leaning over a device
- Sleeping without adequate neck support or sleeping on your front
The cause as well as the severity of a headache will differ, depending on the individual experiencing it. While pain medication might provide temporary relief, the root cause must be corrected to achieve lasting relief.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
Chiropractic care provides a holistic and natural method for digging to the root of pain and correcting it. While the treatment techniques used will differ according to the patient’s needs, some effective relief methods include those below.
- Adjustments: Adjustments are provided via an instrument to the back and neck to restore alignment. This is crucial, as even a slight misalignment can cause undue pressure on the discs, muscles, nerves, and other spinal column components.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy is a very effective method for addressing muscle tension in the neck and shoulders. Not only does this remove the source of pain but also triggers the release of natural painkillers.
- Custom orthotics: Believe it or not, an issue with your feet can impact your body up to your head. Personalized shoe inserts are beneficial for addressing such problems.
- Lifestyle adjustments: Addressing habits that cause or contribute to headaches is critical for achieving and maintaining headache relief.
Find lasting relief from your headaches with the help of Dr. Helman in Scarsdale, NY. Call (914) 722-7688 to schedule an appointment today.